12 February 2024
Notice of Annual General Meeting 2024
Members of the Calypso Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC 393) are notified that the Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 27 February 2024, starting at 19:30 (Click to add to google calendar) at the club’s new premises at 147, Level 4, Triq Hal Qormi Santa Venera. A map showing location and recommended parking locations is attached. Google Maps location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/bxKk3AhDw6SEwxTC7
All paid up members are invited to attend and are eligible to vote on motions presented and to elect the members of the Executive Committee. The premises will be open from 19:00 for socialisation and informal discussions. Snacks and Refreshments will be served from the bar. Members attending are invited to register their intention to attend to be able to cater sufficiently via this Attendance and Proxy nomination form: https://forms.gle/H46ecuE1ZoiJecNW6
- Reading of the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on the 23 February 2023.
- Chairman’s address.
- Diving Officer’s address and discussion, if any.
- Secretary’s Administrative Report and discussion, if any.
- Presentation of the Annual Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2023.
- Discussion followed by vote on proposed resolution for updating of the Calypso Sub-Aqua Club’s Statute as proposed by the Executive Committee. Draft changes are attached to this notification for your review.
- Any other motions proposed by members and received at least 7 days prior to the date of the meeting. Late submissions may be accepted at the Executive Committee’s discretion, but only if this would not preclude their communication to the members of the Club as laid down by Article 6.12. Motions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Election of the Electoral Commission as per Section 7 of the CSAC Statute.
- Appointment of an auditor or auditors in accordance with Article 13.6 to examine the books of accounts and audit the financial report for the following year.
- Resignation of the outgoing Executive Committee
- Election of a new Executive Committee in line with the provisions of Section 8
- Election of the new Chairman from amongst the elected Executive Committee members, in line with the provisions of Section 8, and
- Other matters raised by the floor, if any.
Members wishing to stand for election to the Executive Committee are invited to complete the attached Nomination form. Members unable to attend the meeting are entitled to appoint a proxy to attend in their stead. To appoint a proxy, kindly complete the above attendance and proxy form, or fill in the attached proxy form and provide to the secretary at least 24 hours before the meeting.
Calypso Sub-Aqua Club